|Jones DesLauriers IMI is committed to protecting your privacy and the
confidentiality of your personal information. In order to comply with privacy
information about a customer * is considered personal information (“Personal
*In this policy, “customer”, “you” or “your” includes any individual who has
requested, applied for or been supplied with products or services (including claims
services) by Jones DesLauriers IMI including any other individual for whom the
customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative.
Jones DesLauriers IMI only collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and financial products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or insurers;
- Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Investigating and paying claims;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of Jones DesLauriers IMI’s collection, use and
disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions
by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may
withdraw this consent at any time. Jones DesLauriers IMI will inform you of the
consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide
certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Jones DesLauriers IMI to
collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot
provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or
information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing
initiatives, please call us at 1-877-232-9996.
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to
Jones DesLauriers IMI
or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose
of acquiring an insurance contract or financial service or product
(including information previously provided to Jones DesLauriers IMI);
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a
written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Jones DesLauriers IMI (or our agent) for a
of a withdrawal of this consent; or
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as
a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Jones DesLauriers IMI will maintain your Personal Information as accurate,
complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Jones DesLauriers IMI will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards
appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on
the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
Jones DesLauriers IMI will only collect, use or disclose Personal Information that is
necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal
Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and
subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose.
Jones DesLauriers IMI will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful
means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the
fulfillment of the identified Purposes.
Accountability, Openness & Customer Access
Jones DesLauriers IMI is responsible for all Personal Information under its control
and has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable to our Board of Directors
please call us at 1-877-232-9996. When you call us, we may confirm your identity
by asking you to confirm certain Personal Information and you may be directed to
send us certain requests in writing.